Dr. Jipeng Yan, Ph.D.
Jipeng has extensive research experience in the development of kinetic models, biomass pretreatment, and wood science. At ABPDU, Jipeng’s research involves biomass pretreatment, enzymatic saccharification, fermentation, and product recovery. He is especially focused on on the scale up of the one-pot process using ionic liquids and low-cost feedstock. Jipeng’s responsibilities include finding an efficient way to convert biomass into high value-added products by designing and optimizing processes and building baselines for future commercialization.
Jipeng completed his PhD in paper and bioprocess engineering at SUNY College of Environmental Sciences and Forestry. The focus of his thesis was the production of ethanol using woody biomass. Among many accomplishments, he built kinetic models for monosccharides, oligosaccharides, furfural, hydroxymethylfurfural, formic acid, and acetyl groups. Jipeng received a BS and MS in paper science and engineering from Beijing Forestry University.
- PhD in Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, SUNY College of Environmental Sciences and Forestry
- M.S. in Paper Science and Engineering, Beijing Forestry University
- B.S. in Paper Science and Engineering, Beijing Forestry University
- Teaching Assistant at SUNY-ESF
- Research Project Assistant at Beijing Forestry University
- Intern at Huatai Paper
- Intern at Tianjin Soda Plat
Papers and Publications
- Preparation and characterization of antibacterial paper coated with sodium lignosulfonate stablized ZnO nanoparticles, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Hot water pretreatment of boreal aspec woodchips in a pilot scale digester, Energies
- Quantification of xylooligomers in hot water wood extract by 1H-13C heteronuclear single quantum coherence NMR
- Kinetics of the hot water extraction of paulownia elongata woodchips, J. Bioproc. Eng. Biorefinery
- Quantification of lignin and benzene alcholol extractives in triploid populous tomentosa by near infrared spectroscopy, China Pulp & Paper Industry
- Preparation of chitosan graft copolymer of acrylamide and its enhancement, Paper Chemicals