Collaborating With Us
The right expertise. The best infrastructure.
The ABPDU offers opportunities for collaboration with many entities: startups and mature companies, venture capital firms and incubators, and academic labs and national laboratories. Our state-of-the-art facility is fully equipped for robust process optimization and scale-up. We specialize in producing, evaluating and analyzing a broad array of bioproducts and precursors.
We have deep expertise in handling and processing almost every type of bio-based feedstock, and we have strong relationships with feedstock providers. Our team has extensive experience in:
- Feedstock deconstruction and conversion
- Fermentation and cell-free catalysis
- Downstream product separation and purification
- Chemical and biological product upgrading
The Collaboration Process
Our collaboration process is simple and straightforward. As a government laboratory, we’re not-for-profit and affordable for even seed-stage startups.
We make it easy to work with us. The ABPDU will:
- Ensure the privacy of your proprietary information by executing non-disclosure agreement
- Ensure you retain title and ownership of inventions developed in projects contracted through the Strategic Partnerships and Program (SPP)
- Provide project scoping and drafting of a statement of work for your feedback
- Prepare a budget and drafting a contract for your review
- Contract signature and Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) preparation
- Support access to federal resources of grant funding via letters of support and co-authoring proposals
You’ll have a dedicated point of contact and are welcome to be onsite to observe and participate in project activities. Our team is focused on meeting your needs. We look forward to helping you succeed.